The Software Product Development (SPD) industry currently growing at a slow pace due to recession, has a lot of unexplored opportunities to offer.
While the size of the global software product market is around $300 – 320 billion, the R&D spend of companies in software product industry is around $45 – 48 billion i.e. 15% of their company revenue.
According to a study conducted by Zinnov on Software R&D globalization, only 5% of this R&D spend is currently being spent on outsourced partnerships, which means about 95% of the R&D is conducted in-house (HQ, Captive models). This presents tremendous opportunities for OPD companies.
Companies have changed their spend strategies and are focusing on new revenue streams (emerging markets), customer base (SMBs) and delivery models (SaaS, Paas, etc).
To learn more about the unexplored opportunities, and to uncover the answer to the following key questions, register for the Global Services webinar on Globalization Opportunities in Software Product Development.
- How could an ISV release more R&D dollars for new products keeping the total R&D spend at the same level?
- Specifically, how can small to mid-sized software product companies manage revenue expectations from new products and yet build on roadmaps for existing products?
- What is the role of India and China in helping companies in software R&D? Is there a revenue opportunity?
- How should companies manage products in the later stages of their lifecycle?
- What are the new models emerging in this space? How successful are they? How do they add value?
Webinar Duration : 60 minutes including main presentation, case-study, and Q&A.
Lead Presenter: Vamsee Tirukkala, Co-Founder & Managing Principal, Zinnov LLC.
Host and Moderator: Ed Nair, Editor, Global Services Media.