At a Glance
Customer: A telecom company
Service Provider: Tech Mahindra
Services Provided: Transforming/ Redesigning Business Processes
Solution: BPM Solution based on Six Sigma and Balanced Scorecard practices
Tech Mahindra helped a telecom service provider to build efficient and streamlined business processes
Client is one of the largest telecom service providers in India with a customer base of 50 million across 20 circles. The client provides services including basic telephony services, cellular services and broadband services for both retail and enterprise customers
The client was facing low customer satisfaction and high operational costs due to scattered customer care call centres. As a result of multiple location contact centre architecture, the operating costs were high and quality of customer experience wasn’t consistent.
Percentage of repeat calls was also very high leading to low customer satisfaction. The client wanted Tech Mahindra to help them improve operational efficiency by transforming/redesigning business processes to help improve customer satisfaction.
The Business Process Management (BPM) practice at Tech Mahindra offers end-to-end solutions across the Business Framework pyramid, supporting strategy and implementation. Tech Mahindra provides maximum value addition by combining Business, Strategy, Processes and Technologies. With our focus on building robust, efficient KPI-based customer-centric processes, we ensure an improved and uniform customer experience. We facilitate innovation and continuous process improvement through our BPM Solution which is based on the strong foundation of Six Sigma and Balanced Scorecard practices. Tech Mahindra’s Business Process Management (BPM) team understood the requirements of the client and formed a core team of experts comprising of BPM resources. The team did a second level drill down to arrive at the Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
The team comprising of various functional SPOCs then did a brainstorming session amongst themselves to actually come out with the probable factors which triggered the repeat calls in the first place. Key factors were short listed and sub teams were formed to study and find a resolution for each factor. The solution was then implemented and regular team meetings were held to understand the impact of solution and recommend modifications if required.
During the RCA following key factors were identified, analyzed and worked upon to increase customer satisfaction.
Ease to Access Centre
1. Changes in the IVR Proposed
2. Premium Customer Handling to ensure that top skill associates (Green Band) handle premium customer calls. In case of a high queue time premium customers are given preference.
3. Desk Aid for Associates- Tech Mahindra implemented inhouse developed tool to ensure a single screen availability of all critical information sources / tools
4. Knowledge Bank- We made available the Online product / Process information repository and the Scenario specific script guide to the customer service associates to ensure that they were equipped with full information categorized on various scenarios while they are servicing the call.
5. Repeat Call Resolution Project
1. Tech Mahindra designed and implemented an efficient & streamlined process SOP across all processes.
2. New schemes related calls reduced by 20%
3. Significant reduction in repeat calls
4. Calls per subscriber (CPS) reduced to as low as 0.46 from a high of 1.8
5. Answered level (AL) established at 98% compared to the previous level of 58.9%
6. Reduced revenue leakage
7. Reduced AHT, response time, resulting in agile response to competitive moves
For more information on this service from Tech Mahindra, write to email@example.com or the centralized contact id firstname.lastname@example.org
To read more on Case Studies that define Global Sourcing log on toGlobal Services Live